Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Voacabulary #3

Vocabulary #3 <<< it really is. ive tried posting my vocab ! this is my third time and for some odd reason it exits me out when im about to finish !! * fingers crossed ! please don't do it again !! I mean on the bright side my laziness is paying off. instead of looking them up im memorizing them ! :)

Apostate- abandon religion, church
After my grandfathers dead my grandmother apostate the church

Effusive-lacking reserve, unduly
My old neighbor never seemed to be a kind greeter, she was always so effusive.

Impasse - no escape
Although I am a senior I feel like I have no impasse during lunch due to my fifth class.

Euphoria - happy self confidence
Being nominated as  homecoming queen was such a euphoria moment.

Lugubrious - sad mood
Lugubrious moods set bad tones for things to happen, as well as setting  a bad vibe fpr those around you.

Bravado- courage
It took a great amount of bravado for the lady to swim from Cuba to Florida.

Consensus- agreement
After various minutes of disagreement we finally came to our consensus.

Dichotomy- two, pairs
Twins are dichotomy, is that a clue ?

Constrict- to make narrow
As io worked on my self portrait I frequently went back to constrict my nose.


Gothic- Those who follow the goths
People who wear black, listen to loud music, and have piercings are automatically viewed as gothic people.

Punctilio-fine point, detail, conduct, procedure
Surgery is a punctilio event, any such thing can cause a serious injury.

Metamorphosis- transform
I love how X-men is based on metamorphosis.

Raconteur- skilled in anecdotes
I would imagine raconteurs are writers !

Sine Qua non - necessary
Makeup has become a sine que non of my everyday routine.

Quixotic - romantic
Quixotic movies draw my attention, what do expect im a teenage girl !

Vendetta - revenge
My older sister was always after vendetta, when someone did something towards her.

Mystique - mystery
Mystique from X-men totally lives up to her name !

Quagmire- Hard position
I can only imagine quick sand how Quagmire it must be.


Parlous- Dangerous
Walking home alone at a young age is parlous

No comments:

Post a Comment